FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who can attend arrows? +
All Jr. High and Sr. High students currently enrolled or entering 6th-12th grade in the current school year.
Do Arrows Leaders have a background check? +
All leaders and volunteers must complete an approved background check, interview process, and orientation before serving in any capacity.
Do you have to be a Christian to attend arrows? +
We welcome everyone! We unashamedly preach and teach Jesus. However, we aim to create an environment where anyone can connect to find their place in our community and in life!
What does Arrows believe? +
Our core values and teachings are aligned with the tenets of the historic creeds of the early Church. (i.e. Nicene Creed, Apostles Creed.)
CAN I STAY WITH MY TEEN DURING ARROWS? +
Parents are always welcome to visit our services and/or check out our events. However, safety is our priority at Destiny Church. As a result, the only adults allowed to attend Arrows on a regular/consistent basis are the volunteers who have an approved background check and who have been through our orientation/training processes.
When does Arrows Meet? +
We have several opportunities to grow in faith together throughout the week in several different environments.
- Sunday - Donuts & Discipleship at 8:45am / Grow in your knowledge of the Word while eating Donuts with friends!)
- Monday - Campus Club at Collegiate School of BioMedicine and Science
- Tuesday - Midweek Service / This is our weekly youth worship service featuring fun interactive games, dynamic worship, prayer, and powerful teachings at 7pm in our Gym (located on the 1st floor).
- Wednesday - Tune in online on our Student Ministries Facebook group for a brief bible based video encouragement from one of our leaders.
- Thursday - Campus Club at Oakville High School
- Friday - The Hangout / Monthly event that varies from movies and Cardinals games to ice skating and water slides, every month we put together an awesome Hangout!
- Summer - Arrows Internship
What can my teenager expect Arrows to be like? +
Students will be challenged and sharpened by the Word of God and have fun doing it! Through passionate worship services and mentoring relationships with their peers, they will learn what it means to be a disciple. Ultimately, they will have the opportunity to experience God-centered community with friends and godly leaders.
Who is teaching my teenager? +
Pastor Jonathan Thomas and Associate Pastor Glorianne Slovensky have a combined 28 years experience in youth ministry. Complimented by a team of skilled communicators and loving volunteers; your teen will hear and see what it means to love, follow, and demonstrate Jesus in their generation.